Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oscar 2012 Best Dressed!!


So I'm sure most of you (If not ALL of you) think that I'm late with this one but in all actuality I purposely decided to wait this late to post my Oscar 2012 Best Dressed post. I knew almost immediately after the Oscar's had aired that everyone and I do mean everyone would be posting their judging results on this years academy nominee's and attendees formal wear. But I also wanted everyone to actually take the time and look at my results and take interest in them and not be so overwhelmed or uninterested after seeing SO MANY others. Now of course this blog site is geared towards fashion but ultimately as you all know I am a man of showbiz first and a good amount of these fashion post deal with the world of theater and/or film. As an actor/playwright or sceenwriter (depending of the project) I DREAM of being able to attend the Academy Awards Show as a nominee or be able to just attend. I can honestly say this year however, I never felt so inspired! From the outfits to the nominee's all the way down to the Cirque de Sole performance, I was in pure amazement and consumed with inspiration! I was overjoyed to see nothing but PURE ACTORS and ACTRESSES nominated for such oustanding roles...not just a singer or rapper turned actor there for resume credentials or trying to make a "mark" in the acting world. There were some great on-screen pictures that came out this past year along with great actors chosen for nominations. I personally listed The Artist, The Help, and My Week With Marilyn as my top favorites. Bridemaids was also a favorite of mine, but unfortuantely it didnt get much recognition. But of course, with all that being said I found the show to be truly entertaining this year and even though I'm glad and wanted Meryl Streep (One of my two favorite actresses) to win I still believe Viola Davis should have walked away with Best Actress in a leading role! Better luck to her next year. Now on to the actual purpose of this post, the formal wear. Most people know that we come and watch the Academy Awards to award our favorite actor with a golden gentleman as a token of appreciation for giving us a great movie to watch...BUT! We also watch to see who is gonna transform themselves the best and make us say say "wow, look at that dress!" We gentleman are more reserved in this department simply because this is a black bow tie event and we are expected to arrive in...a black bow tie! There isn't much else we can do with an outfit like this without being considered dressed inappropriately! Anyway, this year I was more than satisfied with the five women pictured above and their choice of attire. Let's start with Gwenyth Paltrow, in the above picture she is shown wearing a Tom Ford White Cape Dress. The slightly gathered fabric over the one shoulder gives this dress just enough style while remaining classic. She keeps the accessories simple with just a sparkly cuff bracelet and a lilac centered diamond ring. To me Gwen has always stayed safe and went with something basic but classic, even when she seems to be taking risks she manages to have a controlled edge to her! She looks AMAZING! Next is Octavia Spencer, and I have to say that not many full figured women can pull of such an amazing look with a dress that's as fitting as this is. However, Octavia wore this dress very well! Here she wears a silver beaded waist-cinched Tadashi Shoji gown paired with Jimmy Choos heels (not shown). She carry's a Judith Leiber clutch and remains simple in her accessories by wearing Neil Lane diamond earrings. Sandra Bullock is pictured wearing a black and white silk crepe Marchesa gown with a gold embroidered detail around the waist and shoulders and elegantly draped back. She carries light with a bronz box shaped croc clutch, drooped gold earrings, and snake shaped gold rings. Next we see Jennifer Lopez wear a shimmering gold Zuhair Murad gown. This ruffled dress and it's plungling neckline create the perfect amount of fashion and class. The cut-out sleeves gives the dress a risk that J. Lo is always willing to take to show off her street credibility in the best way possible. She also keeps it simple with diamond earrings and a diamond ring. Another contender for the box shaped clutch! And Last but not least we have Stacy Keibler. Stacy is the girlfriend of George Clooney and attended her first Oscar Awards Show ever this year. She don's a a gold Marchesa gown with the rose gathering at the hip. She decides to go with the Lorraine Shwartz jewels for accessories and a Judith Leiber clutch! I beleive she could have done without the gathered rose at the hip but that doesn't work against her much, she still get's to be one of my best dressed! So there you have it. These are my best dressed women for the Academy Awards Show 2012. Now honestly, EVERYONE looked good...However some did more than others! Leave a comment and tell me what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment