Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Little Bling Never Hurt...

So let me just first apologize to you guys for the drought of posts within the last two weeks. I've been a little busy with work and other projects i'm doing while taking some time to myself to do alot of praying and soul searching (My spiritual relationship with god is really important to me). I've also been going aroung and getting the inspiration that helps me make this blog what it is...and believe me I want nothing but the best for you guys! So with that being said I bring to you the top of the line, Hermes! Now I know what your thinking, when someones says 'Hermes' automatically you think of the Birkin bag or the infamous Kelly bag named after the late Princess Grace Kelly respectively (also named after my mom, in my case lol). Now i'm actually NOT going to address either one of those just yet. Don't worry, I am coming around to it, it's just the timing is not quite there yet...but it's coming. What I AM going to talk about however is the Hermes Collier de Chien cuff bracelet (the sterling silver one more specifically)...Ladies and Gent's brace yourself! This popular piece has been showing up on the wrists of some of the most influential and famous women and men (males usually wear the black leather cuff) and is becoming one of the most highly demanded accessories today. The first display in retail for this item dates way back to the 1940's, however the inspiration for it started in the year 1927 from the collier de chien belt.










The term collier de chien is french for 'dog collar' and was used to describe the bracelets design. It comes in several different materials such as calf skin, croc skin, lizard, and silver or gold hardware. It measurments start at 6.1 inches in length and about 1.57 inches in width. There are 8 spiked studs, a set of 4, located on each side of the bracelet, along with a miniature dangling loop located in the center of one set of the studs. For a comfortable fit there is a turn-styled lock located on the strip or metal, depending on what you have, that can be secured with a sliding metal piece for adjustability. Unless your purchasing a gold or silver hardware bracelet the cuff band comes in several different colors from peeble white, to a range of browns such as coffee and "fauve", to red and pinks, blue lizard, right down to black. Depending on the individual, this accessory has been styled in an array of differnent styles that you would swear each one you've seen was different from the last. Now you may notice that for this item to be considered such a work of art, you don't see this bracelet on just anyone right? Well I'm sure you can guess that this may have something to do with the price tag that comes with it. These pieces range from $700 (USD) for a simple leather one to $2600 (USD) for a sterling silver one. So if your like me and like to dream then fly away to dreamland with this one cause it's definitely one to want. However, if dreaming is too much of a reality check for you then here are some pictures above you can look at. I've also included pics of J. Lo below who happens to posses a collection in many different colors of the Hermes Collier de Chien bracelet wearing the sterling silver piece at an interview she did in Brazil recently. Sound off in your comment on what you think about this beauty! 

1 comment:

  1. I love my collier de chien and would love to add this silver one to my jewelry box! Thanks, Craig for such great posts!!

    ReplyDelete