Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bro's before Bow's

Ok fellas, so a lot of the time when we are at work or an event we are pretty much dressed up for these occasions right? Well I don't know about you guys but I don't always wanna wear the "regular tie". Sometimes I wanna set the bar a little higher and go with a bow tie look. To me bow ties are more of a statement (IF WORN WITH THE PROPER ATTIRE!!!) and are more of a true gentlemen's look! Bow tie's date as far back as the 17th century by the Croatian mercenaries during the Prussian wars. They would use scarfs around their necks to hold together the opening of their shirts. This style was then adopted by the upper class of France and as time went on it began to thrive throughout the 18th and 19th century. Here is one of my favorite bow tie's by Molly Rodgers! It's a burgundy red adjustable bow tie with a velvet finish. It can be found at Sak's for a retail of $75 (USD) and I believe it's worth it. I'll put the link below so you can look at other ones also. So do yourself a favor and grab a bow tie, it's what guys do!




Sak's Fifth Avenue:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306586957&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446455050&R=800376039419&P_name=Molly+Rodgers&N=306586957&bmUID=jjxPFq_

No comments:

Post a Comment